‘Demi’ by Demi Lovato album review

“Demi” wasn’t a huge chart-topper, but each song held a lot of meaning and emotion. The X Factor judge has gone through tough times and expresses it in this album. Her thoughts and feelings are put into each song. Photo Courtesy: MCT Photo
“Demi” wasn’t a huge chart-topper, but each song held a lot of meaning and emotion. The X Factor judge has gone through tough times and expresses it in this album. Her thoughts and feelings are put into each song. Photo courtesy of MCT Photo.

This album was released on May 14, 2013. The popular pop star, Demi Lovato, was a musical star to those who didn’t know the details of her prior personal struggles, and many of those who did viewed the singer as a source of inspiration.

“Demi” is her fourth album; it contains up-tempo tracks, which lead with the single, “Heart Attack.” There are also very heart-felt and moving songs in it such as, “Nightingale” and “Warrior.”

Most impressively, however, “Demi” takes risks. The singer has a strong grip on her skills as a performer and an astonishing vocal range that works best for her as an artist.

“I think that Lovato has so much talent. Her voice is so powerful and moving,” said Astrid Cabello, 10.

This album demands attention for fully capturing a singer’s personality at a fascinating moment in her career.

“Lovato has come really far in her career and I really look up to her,” said Lily Retford, 9.

“Made in the USA,” describes the depth of one’s emotions. It plays out like a grown-up version of Miley Cyrus’ “Party in the USA,” with shoutouts to both coasts and some fierce romantic statements.

“My favorite song from this album is ‘Warrior,’ because it is really beautiful and expresses a lot of emotion,” said Cabello, 10.

The song, “Warrior” describes the personal struggles that Lovato went through and her triumph over them. Lovato sings as a piano line volleys with a cello.