Orchestra prepares for Spring Concert

The orchestra will be performing heir fifth performance of the year on May 13.  This will include a total on four pieces. There will be two string soloist featured.
The orchestra will be performing heir fifth performance of the year on May 13. This will include a total on four pieces. There will be two string soloist featured. Image by Rujula Kapoor.

With the school year wrapping up, music programs for the year are as well. The last orchestra concert is set for May 14 at SHS at 6:00 p.m.

This concert will feature several senior soloist and will also have pieces played by the Symphonic orchestra.

The pieces that will played at the concert are:

• “Peer Gynt” by Edvard Greig
  • “Cello Conerto in B minor” by Antonin Dvorjak
  • “Thousand Cherry Blossoms” by Kuroussa P.
  • “Incantations” by Richard Myeres

“It’s been a really fun year and I’m excited for next year,” said Maddie Skyes, 9.

The concert will be directed by Mr. David Smareli for all four pieces. The orchestra has been preparing these pieces since February.

“I am excited for the concert but still have to work on the music,” said Michelle Sdduiqqe,9.

For more information on the Sycamore High School orchestra concert visit www.sbob.org or email dsmarelli@sycamoreschool.org.