Teaching Professions Academy students create book drive

LOLSometimes we forget how good we have it. Some individuals go through life without the essentials that we take for granted whether it is in or outside the classroom.

The students from the Teaching Professions Academy program have taken it upon themselves to help students at Operation Give Back to have books to take home to continue their learning over the summer.

“We have a goal to get at least 500 gently used books to donate to OGB for students in first to ninth grade,” said Madeline Baker, 12.

The book drive will take place Apr. 28 through May 9, and if a student donates a book, he or she will have the opportunity to enter their name into a drawing for a Chipotle gift card and there will be multiple drawings through the two weeks.

“We are collecting books at lunches for two weeks. We really want new or gently used books and we will also accept monetary donations,” said Mrs. Jody Googins, TPA teacher.

The collecting of books will take place each day during lunch where a table will be set up in the commons specifically to donate books, put names in the gift card drawing, and to give money if students do not have books that fit the description.

“Look out for flyers, tweets and our book goal meter at lunch to stay up to date with our progress,” said Googins.

Look out for announcements and for the drawings in the next few weeks and do not forget to bring books to help out for a good cause