Students struggle with end of school

While walking around the school almost every discussion revolves around summer. Students have developed a lazier attitude toward the end of the school year. The warmer weather and exciting plans ahead make students even more eager for summer to come. Photo courtesy of Astrid Cabello.

While the academic year rounds to an end, the atmosphere around the school has been dragging. Students already have the attitude of summer and no more early mornings. They are ready to begin adventures, without the homework.

“I have been looking forward to summer since January. I have gotten a lot lazier and am not really trying that hard since I know summer is almost here,” said Keerthi Nalluri, 10.

Students do not want to deal with the stress of school anymore, although they have exams to worry about. Exams are held in the last week of school, but students are capable of testing out of them. In order to test out, they must receive A’s in all four quarters and on the midterm.

“I don’t like how exams are held on the very last week of school. It just creates more things to worry about and adds to the pressure I already feel,” said Chris Seger, 10.

Plus, students have already created more exciting plans in the summer. Some of those activities include:

• Going to concerts
  • Vacationing with family
  • Hanging out with friends
  • Taking road trips

“I have just been so tired and am just really looking forward to no stress and sleeping in,” said Grace Kays, 12.