All fun, games after debates

Many sophomores celebrated the end of the debates. After watching the finals, all the sophomores came out to the field and near the tennis courts . There was ice cream for everyone and on the field there were all types of balls and games for people to play with. Photo courtesy of Jordan Baker.

May 27 was the All Star debate finals. It was held in the auditorium during fifth and sixth bell.  The topic was the same topic it has been throughout the sophomore debate.  The All Star debate teams were both from Mrs. Sullivan’s accelerated English bells.  The bells were third bell and fouth bell.

“The finals were very exciting to watch.  It was unique to see two accelerated teams debate,” said Chris Gribler, 10.

These two teams ran the gauntlet from the first round of debates to the final decision on who won the debate.  On the negative side it was Mrs. Sullivan’s third bell. This team consisted of Daniel Mills, Maya Sheth, Jack Good, Astrid Cabello, and Abigail McGowan. This is also the winning team. As a prize they won a 15 dollar gift card to Barnes and Noble.

The second place team was Mrs. Sullivan’s fourth bell. That team consisted of Mikhail Sweeney, Sydney Hinleine, Animesh Bapat, Katherine Dunn, and Jovon Cobbs. All of these sophomores met the Memorial Day weekend to meet and plan for the All Star debates which started on Tuesday.

“I think fourth bell should’ve won.  They won on rebuttals I think,” said Ben Scheher, 10.

After the finals there was an ice cream social that was put together by members of Student Council. It was held near the tennis courts and on the football field.  On the field itself there were Frisbees, soccer balls and footballs for people to play with and celebrate the end of the debates.

“The ice cream social was a ton of fun and it was an awesome way to celebrate the end of the debates,” said Max Brown, 10