Chinese Club plans ahead for new meetings

Students play Chinese Chess. The game’s pieces are round, and totally different than American chess. Pieces include cannons and generals replace kings.

Students play Chinese Chess.  The game's pieces are round, and totally different than American chess.  Pieces include cannons and generals replace kings.
Students play Chinese Chess. The game’s pieces are round, and totally different than American chess. Pieces include cannons and generals replace kings.  Photo Credit:  Lila Englander

Chinese Club, a club for celebrating culture, traditions and festivals has begun.  If you are in the Chinese language program, or are just appreciative of your Chinese heritage, it is available to everyone.

“We eat food, socialize with friends and learn about Chinese culture.  It’s quite fun actually, everyone should go,” freshman Quinn Rile said.

Last meeting, officers to run Chinese Club were selected.  The positions were presideHey Jacob, can you make your caption three sentences and add a photo credit? Thanks!- Kathrynnt and two vice presidents.  There will be a picnic at Swain Park on Fri.  Everyone attending should bring food or utensils.

“Yuan Zhang was elected as president, and Lila Englander and Xingran Li will be vice presidents,” teacher Ning Zhang said.

Typical charge for a Chinese Club meeting is two dollars for guests.  For a club membership, it is five dollars, which allows entry to all Chinese Club meetings.

“Activities include Chinese games, movie night, celebrating festivals and flying kites,” Zhang said.

Meetings occur on Friday.

For more information on the Moon festival, click here.

President

Yuan Zhang

Vice President

Xingran Li

Vice President

Lila Englander