Homecoming goes retro

Seniors+Jennifer+Weber+and+Adam+Lucken+were+crowned+Homecoming+Queen+and+King%2C+respectively.+The+two+faced+off+against+seniors+Ilana+Frankel+and+J.+B.+Henry+in+the+final+rounds+of+the+competition.+They+can+be+seen+parading+through+the+Homecoming+dance+in+full+royal+garb.+

McDaniel's Photography

Seniors Jennifer Weber and Adam Lucken were crowned Homecoming Queen and King, respectively. The two faced off against seniors Ilana Frankel and J. B. Henry in the final rounds of the competition. They can be seen parading through the Homecoming dance in full royal garb.

The Homecoming football game against Lakota West was shrouded in rain and cold weather. The atmosphere served as a fitting mood for the eventual loss on Sycamore's part. However, the student section remained in full force, dressed in camouflage, and both the marching band and the cheerleaders continued to perform through the weather.
McDaniel’s Photography
The Homecoming football game against Lakota West was shrouded in rain and cold weather. The atmosphere served as a fitting mood for the eventual loss on Sycamore’s part. However, the student section remained in full force, dressed in camouflage, and both the marching band and the cheerleaders continued to perform through the weather.
The theme of Homecoming week was flashback. Throughout the spirit days students were encouraged to wear timeless pieces like denim, neon, tie dye,  and greaser-era clothing. Here students can be seen walking into the dance through 80s-inspired decorations.
McDaniel’s Photography
The theme of Homecoming week was flashback. Throughout the spirit days students were encouraged to wear timeless pieces like denim, neon, tie dye, and greaser-era clothing. Here students can be seen walking into the dance through 80s-inspired decorations.
The floor of the commons was packed with students during the Homecoming dance. New features this year included a coat checking option where students could store their bags and shoes in the gym, if desired. However, old changes, like the locker bay areas being completely shut off, were kept in place this year.
McDaniel’s Photography
A group of students party hard to the music being played at the Homecoming dance. In past years, grinding has been heavily discouraged, but no such measures were put in place or mentioned before this year's dance. However, teachers and parent volunteers were still on hand to block exits, hand out water, check bags and moderate events.
McDaniel’s Photography
A group of students party hard to the music being played at the Homecoming dance. In past years, grinding has been heavily discouraged, but no such measures were put in place or mentioned before this year’s dance. However, teachers and parent volunteers were still on hand to block exits, hand out water, check bags and moderate events.
A conga line of students formed as the Homecoming dance progressed. DJ "Fast Eddy," or as most students know him, Mr. Eddie Clark, was on hand to provide music. Students were able to jam out to both current pop hits and throwback songs.
McDaniel’s Photography
A conga line of students formed as the Homecoming dance progressed. DJ “Fast Eddy,” or as most students know him, Mr. Eddie Clark, was on hand to provide music. Students were able to jam out to both current pop hits and throwback songs.