• Upperclassmen Awards May 4

• Band Concert May 3 at 7:00 p.m.

• AP Testing May 1-12

• Jazz Concert May 1 at 7:00 p.m.

Tennis bounces into action

Pre-season review on Sycamore tennis

BOOM%21+Sycamore%E2%80%99s+tennis+team+is+looking+for+their+fourth+consecutive+state+title.+Although+they+are+ranked+fifth+in+the+state%2C+they+still+have+a+chance.+Since+the+2014-2015+season%2C+Sycamore+has+not+been+favored%2C+but+that+has+not+stopped+them.+
BOOM! Sycamore’s tennis team is looking for their fourth consecutive state title. Although they are ranked fifth in the state, they still have a chance. Since the 2014-2015 season, Sycamore has not been favored, but that has not stopped them.

Linda Stern

Linda Stern

Jacob Wittenbaum, Staff Writer

Although the Sycamore boys’ tennis team has won three consecutive state titles, they are ranked fifth in the state.

Sycamore is ranked behind University school, New Albany, Mason, and Upper Arlington. University school is ranked first, New Albany second, Mason third, and Upper Arlington fourth.

The Varsity A tennis team lost three seniors: Alex Taylor, Rohan D’Souza, and Ajay Qi. With those three gone, there are still four returning players: Noah Stern, 12, Regis Liou, 12, Nathan Zhang, 11, and Alex Karev, 10.

To fulfill the goal of winning four state titles, Varsity A coach Mike Teets had to pay close attention to the top contenders for the missing three positions.

“I have high expectations for the Varsity Gold. There are some very strong teams out there and we are not the favorite by all means to win the state or GMC title,” Teets said.

Tryouts started the week of March 6 and end March 11. If Sycamore can make it into the final eight, they are expected to come in clutch and have history repeat itself.

The tennis team is known for winning the close, intense, and the most important matches of the season. It has a huge fan base season round, whether it being during the regular season or traveling to Columbus when competing in the state championship.