Dancing at the basketball games

Katie Pruitt, 12 dances hip hop at the pep rally. At the beginning of the dance she hits this pose. She dances outside of school along with the Flyerettes. Photo courtesy of McDaniel’s Photography

The Flyerettes are keeping busy during the basketball season. They have been performing at every home game so far this season. They dance during halftime along with the cheerleaders.  They have a three basketball games to finish off before winter break.

“I enjoy performing, at first it is scary but then it becomes easy and fun once you get used to it,” said Leah Brod, 11.

Also coming up is their first competition of the season. They hope to show off all of their new skills in front of the panel of judges. They will be performing their pom routine at competition.

At practice they have been practicing for the basketball games. They practice their pom routine and the sideline dance. They practice twice a week to make sure they are prepared for every home basketball game.

“I love performing at the basketball games, I enjoyed tonight because we did jazz,” said Katie Pruitt, 12.

Toward the end of January the flyerettes will be having a mini clinic. Here they will practice and help younger kids in the district with their dance moves.

This clinic will let kids decide if they want to be on the Flyerettes when they come to SHS.  Later that week the kids who went to the clinic will be performing the dance at a basketball game.

Upcoming Events

Dec. 6: Basketball game vs Lokota West
Dec. 7: Baketball game vs Walnut Hills
Dec. 20: Basketball game vs Colerain

Winter break will give the Flyerettes a nice break from excessive practicing. When they come back they will have big things to look forward to.