Esports calls students to play

TOURNAMENT.+Students+will+be+able+to+play+%E2%80%9CSmash+Bros%E2%80%9D+and+%E2%80%9CTom+Clancys+Rainbow+Six+Siege%E2%80%9D+for+the+tournament.+%E2%80%9CTom+Clancys+Rainbow+Six+Siege%E2%80%9D+will+be+played+on+Xbox+while+%E2%80%9CSmash+Bros%E2%80%9D++will+be+played+on+Wii+U.+%E2%80%9CIf+we+were+to+pull+this+off+we+would+be+informing+hundreds+of+people+that+%5BSHS%5D+is+a+place+for+gamers%2C+and+by+saying+that+we+would+be+saying+it+is+for+everyone%2C%E2%80%9D+said+Sekani+Cole%2C+10%2C+captain+of+the+%E2%80%9CTom+Clancys+Rainbow+Six+Siege%E2%80%9D+team.+

Jack Wolfe

TOURNAMENT. Students will be able to play “Smash Bros” and “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege” for the tournament. “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege” will be played on Xbox while “Smash Bros” will be played on Wii U. “If we were to pull this off we would be informing hundreds of people that [SHS] is a place for gamers, and by saying that we would be saying it is for everyone,” said Sekani Cole, 10, captain of the “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege” team.

Video games have been becoming more and more popular over the last few decades. They range from Let’s Play videos on YouTube to being featured on major television channels like TBS.

SHS’ very own Esports Club is going to show how much the student body enjoys playing video games.

On Dec. 1 from 12:45 a.m. to 9:00 p.m, the Esports Club will host a tournament for students. The primary games for the tournament are Nintendo’s “Super Smash Bros” and “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege.”

The tournament is free to spectators, but to participate in the tournament, the entry fee is ten dollars per competitor.

“People can go to the Synnovation [Lab] or the Hub to watch us play in the smash tournament for free. Students who win the tournament can receive a gaming chair as a prize,” said Connor Blunt, 12, manager for the club.

The prize the Esports Club is offering is funded by the (HSEL) High School Esports League.

The Esports club is also considering adding mobile tournaments into the mix such as “Clash Royale,” “Hearthstone,” and others.

In order to have the scale intended for the tournament, there will be a large need for consoles. Those looking to help the Esports Club can temporarily donate their Xboxes for the tournament.

Although, even those who temporarily donate a console will still have to pay the entry fee to participate in the tournament.

“Start practicing now because there will be some pretty good people participating in the tournament,” said Sekani Cole, 10, captain of the “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege” team.

The Esports Club mainly wants to show off the part of SHS that enjoys playing video games. So, for those who want to have a good time whether playing with friends or destroying opponents, come visit SHS on Dec. 1.