Q and A with Kayla Kramer, 10 about her Mickey winter break

Kayla Kramer, 10 goes to Disney World with her family over New Years. She gets to see all of her cousins and enjoy the warm weather. Photo courtesy of Kayla Kramer.

Where did you go?

I went to Disney World in Orlando, Florida with the entire side of my mom’s family. I hadn’t been there in four years and it was fun to see everyone.

What was your favorite part of the trip?

I did the American Idol experience at Hollywood studios. It was similar to the real show and I enjoyed trying it out.

How long were you there?

A week, in which, I visited all of the parks in Disney.

Was it warm compared to here?

It was 75 degrees there so yes, it was a very nice temperature, but it also was a large adjustment from Ohio. I could go swimming there but here that is not an option.

Have you been there before if so how was it different?

Yes, the last time I was there it was 35 degrees on the week of New Years. My family was not prepared for that because the weather told us it would be in the 70’s so this trip was much more enjoyable.

Did you have fun with your family?

Yes, it was great to see them because I only get to once or twice a year since they live in Alabama. It was fun to be in Disney away from reality since normally when I see them we have our other activities going on as well but this time we could just have fun together.