GamePigeon takes over teens

Linya Guo

THE TAKEOVER. Students everywhere, including at SHS, are invested in the GamePigeon extension. The addicting games are short and fun, causing many to play. “I think so many teens enjoy playing the games because everyone enjoys competing against peers through the games. I play game pigeon to take a break from my stress from college applications and school assignments,” Fukuda said. 

From pool to anagrams, Game Pigeon has it all. Over the past few years, this iMessage gaming application has exploded in popularity among iPhone users, especially teenagers. 

GamePigeon is an iMessage extension that has over twenty arcade-style games. All of the games are two-players, with the exception of the game Crazy 8, which requires a player amount of 3 to 8. 

The application has games of 8 Ball, sea battle, basketball, archery, anagrams, darts, cup pong, mini golf, knockout, Crazy 8, four-in-a-row, paintball, word hunt, shuffleboard, filler, tanks, checkers, chess, mancala, dots and boxes, Gomoku, reversi, 9 ball, and 20 questions. 

Through incorporating competition through friends and the speediness of arcade games, GamePigeon has successfully gotten many teenagers hooked, including the students of SHS. 

Sophomore Kevin Dong spends around an hour every day on GamePigeon. He plays the anagrams game the most and finds it very addicting.

“I love to play anagrams, and honestly, I feel that it has become a sort of an addiction. I think I play it at least 20 times a day, and I play it with all of my friends. I really love playing against my friends because it allows me to be competitive and have fun at the same time,” Dong said. 

The short duration of the games allows for a quick break from the often large loads of work; many high schoolers play GamePigeon to relieve stress, including senior Mayu Fukuda.

“I think so many teens enjoy playing the games because everyone enjoys competing against peers through the games. I play game pigeon to take a break from my stress from college applications and school assignments,” Fukuda said.