Choir to sing ‘Hallelujah’ for fine arts concert

Bella Voce is the academic all-girls choir. They perform solo, but they often team up with the Aviator Chorale or Select to get a fuller, more complete sound. Bella always wear their signature long green dresses, which were newly bought this year to replace their older version. Photo Courtesy of: McDaniel's Photography
Bella Voce is the academic all-girls choir. They perform solo, but they often team up with the Aviator Chorale or Select to get a fuller, more complete sound. Bella always wear their signature long green dresses, which were newly bought this year to replace their older version.
Photo Courtesy of McDaniel’s Photography.

When the winter concert ends for choirs, they do not rest for very long. Very soon after the concert, the students are tested again, put in different vocal sections, and then plunged once again into song.

Bella Voce, the all-girls choir, has already begun practicing several pieces, including the classic “Hallelujah Chorus.”

The next choir concert will be the Fine Arts Concert. The Fine Arts Concert features classical and traditional choir pieces. It is always important to perform a variety of different pieces, in a variety of ranges; it really enhances the sound of the choir and the singers themselves.

“I had a lot of fun at the last concert. I had been working on the choreography with the girls and they were naturals. They have made me very proud and I was happy to see they were having fun along with me and the other choreographers. I’m really excited to see what happens at the fine arts concert,” said Dor’thea Lumpkin, 12.

The concert is to be performed March 6, at 7:00 p.m.