Boys basketball rebounds

Mitch Hill, 12, brings the ball up the floor. Hill is hoping to have a very successful season, as this one will be his last as an Aviator. He looks to win his second straight GMC Championship.
Mitchell Hill, 12, brings the ball up the floor. Hill is hoping to have a very successful season, as this one will be his last as an Aviator. He looks to win his second straight GMC Championship. Photo courtesy of McDaniel’s Photography.

The SHS boys varsity basketball team is trying to rebound. They started off 0-5, which was tied for last in the conference. Now, they are 3-4 within the conference and 6-7 overall, which is sixth in the conference.

SHS is only one game behind Oak Hills, Fairfield, and Mason for third place.

However, there have been some bright spots for this team.  Senior forward Mitch Hill leads the team with 17 points per game, and had 33 points in an SHS win against Colerain.

Around the GMC, Middletown has sole possession of first place, because of their 7-0 conference record, followed by Lakota East at 6-2 and Lakota West at 5-2. The SHS team and their fans hope they can catch up to their Mason rivals, whom they beat earlier this season.

“Even though we got off to that slow start, I think we will be able to pull it together and catch Mason,” said Max Torem, 9.

SHS’s next game comes on Friday, Jan. 24 at home against Hamilton.