It’s Official

Sycamore High School’s Signing Day

IT’S OFFICIAL! Signing day took place this morning at Sycamore High School. Dreams came true as Jozy Allen, Tyler Ingle, Nathan Kissela, Erik Menchhofer, and Maya Oduyoye signed their letters of intent for their future schools. Photo via Jackson Shock

Signing day took place at 11:30 this morning at Sycamore High School. Dreams came true during the live-streamed event as Jozy Allen, Tyler Ingle, Nathan Kissela, Erik Menchhofer, and Maya Oduyoye signed their letters of intent for their future schools. Each athlete’s head coach gave a short speech highlighting what got them here and explaining how they are spectacular people. The student-athletes also had the chance to thank the people who helped them achieve their goals, followed by pictures to remember the moment forever. 

Nathan Kissela, 12, signed to Kenyon College today and was appreciative of the athletic program for setting up the event. “Our athletic program did a very good job with setting up our signing day to the best of their ability.” He went on to say, “Times are hard right now and I know I can speak for my peers when I say I am grateful for what Sycamore has done for me and athletics as a whole. It has always been a dream of mine to play a collegiate sport and I see this as an important step to a bright future.” Kissela– a lacrosse player – worked hard for this moment and was definitely happy with how it turned out. 

Signing day is always a special, memorable moment for students, parents, and coaches alike, and the Sycamore athletic program did a good job of making it special while under difficult circumstances. It was a special moment and one to be remembered forever.