Leaping for new members

The Flyerettes dance team performed at the pep rally on Feb. 21. The girls danced their hip hop routine, for the last time. The season is ending and it is time to prepare for next season.

The team will be splitting apart as twelve team members go off to college. The underclassman will have to step up into leadership roles for next year.

“I’m excited to gain new members for next season, said Hannah Young, 9.

Hannah Young, 9 and Lindsay Altemuehle, 9 on Senior Night. The seniors danced their own dance to show off everything they have learned while being on the team. The underclassman decorated the seniors’ lockers that day. Photo courtesy of McDaniel’s Photography
Hannah Young, 9 and Lindsay Altemuehle, 9 on Senior Night. The seniors danced their own dance to show off everything they have learned while being on the team. The underclassman decorated the seniors’ lockers that day. Photo courtesy of McDaniel’s Photography.

Even though next years team will have seven returning dancers, they will have to work with the new members to become a cohesive group.

“It is going to be hard to start all over with new people,” said Calista Robins, 10.

The new members at the tryouts will have to perform:

• 24 counts of hip hop
  • 24  counts  of jazz
  • 24 counts of pom

The girls will have to work hard next year to become an exceptional team.