‘House of Cards’ second season brings more players into its devilish game

“House of Cards” is an American remake of the original U.K. miniseries series. The show is Netflix’s first original series. The second season premiered Feb. 14 and it, along with the first season, are currently streaming on Netflix. Photo courtesy of Ben Cohen
“House of Cards” is an American remake of the original U.K. miniseries series. The show is Netflix’s first original series. The second season premiered Feb. 14 and it, along with the first season, are currently streaming on Netflix. Photo courtesy of Ben Cohen.

The ability to binge watch on Netflix can be a rather useful tool, especially with the release of the highly anticipated second season of “House of Cards” in full.

This allowed me to watch the entire season in one weekend. It was a lot of work, but boy was it worth it.

The show’s second season picks up directly where the first season ended, with the Underwoods going on their nightly jog. Of course only a mere 30 minutes after this a major character is brutally killed off, thus beginning only the first casualty of season two.

This season seemed to be largely focused on tying up loose ends, and does this by disposing of many characters that could be a threat to the Walter White of Washington, Frank Underwood, only to bring on new ones.

While it is incredibly fun to watch Frank manipulate everyone around him, there comes a point where you wish that someone would be a match for him. Instead everyone around him is either evil or incredibly stupid, which still makes for good television.

Either way I will still be sticking around for this delightfully addictive show, even if it occasionally makes me want to throw my television in front of a moving subway.