Freshman baseball season in full gear

The freshman baseball players started working out back in November. Now, they are practicing every day with a chance to win the GMC after a tough season last year.

The players hope to avenge last years’ disappointing season, when the varsity team finished in last place. The season begins on March 22nd with a scrimmage against Turpin. Photo Credit: Sycamore Baseball Twitter Page
The players hope to avenge last years’ disappointing season, when the varsity team finished in last place. The season begins on March 22nd with a scrimmage against Turpin. Image by David Wertheim.

The team has done infielding drills for the last couple days while waiting for the weather to warm up and the field to dry so they can go outside.

The practice times have varied since tryouts, with some early Saturday morning practices starting at 6:00 a.m. and late practices from 7:15-9:00 p.m. They have started two-a-days, which will last for 10 days. These practices will give the players an opportunity to get their hitting done in the morning, with fielding and defensive drills coming in the afternoon.

“I think two-a-days will be good for us. We have an opportunity to get our afternoon practice done early,” said Kyuzo Kelly, 9.

For more information on SHS baseball, follow the official account on Twitter.