New Galaxy S5 goes on sale

The Galaxy S5 is the newest Samsung phone out. One of the best capabilities is that its water proof. The phone will be available for all US carriers.
The Galaxy S5 is the newest Samsung phone out. One of the best capabilities is that its water proof. The phone will be available for all US carriers. Image by Max Fritzhand.

The Galaxy S5 was recently announced at a Samsung Conference. The phone has double the megapixels as the iPhone 5S, with 16 megapixels.  The display packs a 5.1 inch display, that is a 1.1 inch difference to the iPhone 5S.

“Any popular phone on the market right now will definitely be in competition with the Galaxy S5,” said Max Rosenberg, 10.

The battery is removal and has a standby time of 390 hours. Not only that, but you can talk for up to 21 hours. This is great if you want to have a good battery life. Most phones have about eight hours of talk time.

“This is fantastic that Samsung created a phone with such a long battery life,” said Aravind Murali, 10.

One of the coolest features of the Galaxy S5 is that it is waterproof. The phone can go into 1 meter of water and stay there for about 2 or so hours. This is one of the first phones that is waterproof that is popular. Another great feature is that it checks your heart rate.

“I have the life proof case for my current iPhone, and this is so cool that a phone is waterproof and does not need a case to do so,” said Sydney Klein, 9.

The Galaxy S5 comes in blue, black, gold, and white. The phone will be release sometime around April and will go on sale starting at $200 and going up to $600 for the cellphone to be unlocked.