Classic television show reaches finale

On March 31st, 2014, ‘How I Met Your Mother’ aired its final episodes, the series finale, ‘The Last Forever, Parts one and two.’ The majority of people who watched the episode had mixed feelings with the way the show ended.

After nine seasons of episodes, 'How I Met Your Mother' on March 31st, 2014 ended the series. Viewers had mixed feeling about how our beloved characters were left. Photo courtesy of MCT Photo.
After nine seasons of episodes, ‘How I Met Your Mother’ on March 31st, 2014 ended the series. Viewers had mixed feeling about how our beloved characters were left. Photo courtesy of MCT Photo.

First off, the final episode was phenomenal, although parts of the episode were a little disappointing. Viewers were very glad that in the end Ted and ‘the mother’ were able to have a good meeting.

However viewers were a little disappointed that in the end Barney and Robin get a divorce. The writers on ‘How I Met Your Mother’ spent the entire season nine showing us how perfect Barney and Robin were together, and then at the last minute they end up getting a divorce.

I was also a little disappointed that Barney resorted back to his own ways as a womanizer. Barney had really matured as a character throughout the years and it felt like all of the progress he had made was kind of lost in just a matter of minutes.

The mystery woman known has the ‘Mother’ was finally given a name, Tracy McMullen, he same initials as Ted. I was a very exciting moment to finally hear the mother, Tracy, introduce herself to the main character, Ted.

There was one more major surprise in the episode that was really shocking, and it was that in the end, Robin and Ted end up together.

Ted has professed his love to Robin numerous times, just to be shut down every single time, so it was confusing when Ted approached her in the final scene of the series, with the iconic blue French horn.

Ultimately viewers were able to enjoy how the writers made a reference to they very first episode of ‘How I Met Your Mother,’ by bringing the blue French horn back for one more appearance.

Other than the few disappointments, overall, the series finale of ‘How I met Your Mother’ was extremely satisfying, and if you haven’t already started watch the terrific series, you should start watching it.