New semester sets scheduling shifts

MCT Campus

Last semester’s exam grades are also in, and report cards have been sent out. Their first quarter, second quarter, exam, and semester average grades are unveiled. However, each student gets a clean slate for second semester.

Semester-long courses oftentimes fill student’s schedules, letting them complete multiple courses throughout the year.

“I think it is nice to start a new semester. I have two different courses, so now it is kind of like starting the year again,” said freshman Yasmine Guidera.

With the start of the second semester, elective, fine arts, technology, and physical education classes, plus many more, are starting fresh.

“It is great having a fresh start for my classes again. I kind of learned what I should and shouldn’t do for the next semester and can learn from mistakes,” said Guidera.

To kick off the New Year and new semester, changes regarding scheduling can be made through guidance counselors. However, it is discouraged to make last minute changes, as there are insufficient spots left in several classes.

“Also, it is an opportunity to meet people in these classes who might have different interests. Switching it up is sometimes one of the best things you can do,” said Guidera.