Q&A with future Athletic Director Phillip Poggi

Phillip+Poggi+will+be+our+new+athletic+director+for+the+15-16+school+year.+He+is+currently+the+athletic+director+at+Kings+high+school.++He+plans+on+being+active+in+the+Sycamore+community.+

Phillip Poggi

Phillip Poggi will be our new athletic director for the 15-16 school year. He is currently the athletic director at Kings high school. He plans on being active in the Sycamore community.

What are your goals for Sycamore?

My personal goals as the new Athletic Director will be simple.  Listen.  Be Present.  Be engaged.  In addition, we will be integrating technology into our programs including the launching of a new Athletic website and Athletic Twitter Account all coming this summer!

What will you bring to SHS?

My vision for Athletics will be “Igniting Passionate Champions”  More on this will come as we approach the 2015-16 school year as we will engage both student-athletes and coaches to expand on this mantra.

What brought you to SHS?

Sycamore is one of the premiere academic districts in all of Ohio and one that can be described as a ‘destination district. In addition, it boasts an amazing leadership team, dynamic student body, dedicated booster club and competes in one of the best athletic conferences in the state all of which will allow for a great professional growth opportunity.

I will bring passion, energy, enthusiasm, spirit and an overall excitement to Sycamore High School by building relationships with students, coaches, parents, teachers and administrators.

What is your background, relating to educational experience?

I am a graduate of Miami University.  I have spent 10 years in Athletic Administration (4 as an Assistant AD and 6 years as an Athletic Director).  In addition I have spent 10 years as a High School coach for various sports including Basketball, Football, Soccer and Baseball.  Currently, I serve as the SWOADA (Southwest Ohio Athletic Directors Association) Secretary, the Southwest Rep for the OIAAA (Ohio Interscholastic Athletic Administrators Association) and a National Teaching Faculty Member for the NIAAA (National Interscholastic Athletic Administrators Association)

Are you on any social media, like Mr.Mader is on twitter?

YES (@HSADp2).  New Athletic Twitter Account will be launching soon as well!

Is there anything else you would like to include?

Additional – I attended Maple Dale Elementary School until 3rd Grade and wore the “Green and Gold” as a member of a traveling baseball team through my 8th grade year!  GO AVES!!!