Last fIve standing in debates

Benson, Bruns, McElroy, Michaels,and Quantz all represented Johanna Gordon’s seventh bell class in Sophomore Debates. For the finals they performed their debate in front of their sophomore class during fifth period. When the debate came to a close, they became the final winners of  the ‘All Stars’. Photo Courtesy of Erin McElroy.

Benson, Bruns, McElroy, Michaels,and Quantz all represented Johanna Gordon’s seventh bell class in Sophomore Debates. For the finals they performed their debate in front of their sophomore class during fifth period. When the debate came to a close, they became the final winners of the ‘All Stars’. Photo Courtesy of Erin McElroy.

Q:What have you learned from sophomore debates?
A:   Caroline Bruns and Erin McElroy: “I have learned a lot about public speaking since it used to be really hard for me and I use to get really nervous when presenting. Now I am no longer nervous when talking in front of others.”

A:   Andrew Quantz: “I have learned a lot about the difference between being assertive and being rude through these debates.”

Q:What is your favorite part of a debate?
A:   Quantz: “The cross examination would be my favorite part since I love tearing apart an argument.”

Q:What has been your favorite moment from the debates so far?

A:   Addie Michaels: “My favorite moment during a debate is when my team comes together and proves a great point that is unable to be refuted by the opposing side.”

Q:What advice do you have for future sophomores about debates?
A:   Bruns: “For future sophomores I recommend they be confident in their abilities and always ‘fake it until you make it’.”