Girls JV Tennis bounces into 2015 season

Sophomore+Bryce+Winnestaffer+in+an+action+shot.+She+has+been+playing+on+the+SHS+tennis+team+for+two+years.+She+continues+to+play+singles%2C+playing+second+singles+this+year.+Photo+by+McDaniel%E2%80%99s+Photography.+%0A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sophomore Bryce Winnestaffer in an action shot. She has been playing on the SHS tennis team for two years. She continues to play singles, playing second singles this year. Photo by McDaniel’s Photography.

The girls have currently lived a successful season so far, with only one loss against Indian Hill.

Freshman Swati Bhageria said, “It’s been going really well! We’ve been winning all of our matches, and I’ve gotten to know a lot of new people. I like tennis at SHS a lot better than at the Junior High because you really feel like you’re a part of a team, and it’s a lot more competitive, which is always fun.”

The team previously battled the competitive Turpin on Aug. 31, 2015 and ended up with another victory.

Freshman Samantha Fernandez said, “The match against Turpin was a great one! They are just as competitive as the Aves. Turpin has good spirit. I’m really happy with the way the lady aves pulled through to beat them.”

Sherry Chen, first singles, Halle Gordon, second singles, Bryce Winnestaffer, third singles, Surbhi Nandikolmath and Annette Lee, first doubles, all achieved success in their matches, yet Samantha Fernandez, and Eshika Kohli, second doubles, faced a loss against Turpin. Although one of the doubles lost, the team won overall which led the team to another victory.

Bhageria said, “We have already played most of the more competitive teams like Mason and Indian Hill, but the Greater Cincinnati Tennis Association (GCTA) tournament is coming up, and it would be great to win that tournament as a team!”

This upcoming week (9/18), the tennis team is going to have a competitive week of tennis facing Loveland at home on Wed. Sept. 9, at Lakota West on Thurs. Sept. 10, and Ursuline at home on Fri. Sept. 11. Come out to watch and support these dedicated teammates reach their victory