Q&A with Jaslyn Davis-Johnson

Sydney Evans

More stories from Sydney Evans

In Theaters
May 21, 2018

Davis-Johnson  and her friend Anita Pan during their first cross country meet of 2015.  She has been varsity runner for the girls Cross Country team since her freshmen year.  Davis-Johnson plans to continue running for SHS her entire high school career.

Anita Pan

Davis-Johnson and her friend Anita Pan during their first cross country meet of 2015. She has been varsity runner for the girls Cross Country team since her freshmen year. Davis-Johnson plans to continue running for SHS her entire high school career.

Q: How long have you been doing track? How long have you been on varsity?
A: I started track in 7th grade after participating in Girls on the Run in 5th grade. I’ve been participating since the beginning of freshman year which was a great opportunity to compete with that level.

Q: What other sports do you participate in at Sycamore?
A: I also participate with the cross country team.

Q: What is the hardest part about being on varsity?
A: I think the hardest part of being on varsity is knowing that you’re competing at a higher level so our team is really counting on you to do your best. It’s not just for yourself.

Q: What was the first thing that made you start to run?
A: The first thing that made me start running was when my mom told me that she was putting me in Girls on the Run after i moved here in 5th grade.

Q: What is it that you enjoy most about running?
A: My favorite thing about running is that i have the ability to set goals for myself that may seem impossible but in the end are achievable because of all the hard work i put in during the pre-season.

Q: What is your favorite thing about being on the track team?
A: My favorite thing about being on the SHS track team is being part of a team that has endless support for you.