• HS Graduation May 19, 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.

• Last Day of School, May 23

• AP Exams May 6-10 and 13-17

Pasta parties create close bonds

Many+of+the+girls+on+the+cross+country+team+enjoy+getting+out+some+energy+before+eating.+They+play+games+like+pop+corn+and+blind+tag+while+on+the+trampoline.+It+leads+to+many+giggles+and+sometimes+a+lot+of+competition.+

Pasta parties create close bonds

Many of the girls on the cross country team enjoy getting out some energy before eating. They play games like pop corn and blind tag while on the trampoline. It leads to many giggles and sometimes a lot of competition.

Olivia Anaple

Olivia Anaple

Olivia Anaple

Caroline Bruns, Webmaster

Fridays– a day for good food, good friends, and good moods. Each Friday, the cross country team has a party to fuel their bodies and create good team bonds. At the last pasta party, the girls created shirts that they will wear to practice or on the bus ride to a race.
“I love pasta parties! They are really fun because you get to eat tons of food with your friends,” said Kiri Basher, 9.
Each week, the party is held at a different member of the teams home. Parents or athlete hosts cook the pasta and supply the saucy meatballs for the feast. Other parts of the dinner– fruit, bread, and dessert– are supplied by other members of the team.
“One thing that is great about having other people bring multiple elements of the pasta party is that it doesn’t overwhelm the host. Supplying their house for our party is really nice, and I’m glad we can all be helpful,” said Josey Leach, 11.
There are many other elements that make a pasta party such a great time for athletes; A few of these elements are yard games, trampolines, and occasionally pools. It is easy for the girls to use these tools to create a welcoming and accepting environment for all the team.
“At first, I was a bit intimidated by a few of my teammates. After going to the first pasta party, I realized that I didn’t have to be. Everyone is really cool and made me feel comfortable,” said Jade Stella, 9.
With food, fun, and friends it is hard to have a bad time. These events are great for team bonding and creating an environment that allows every person to be themselves. The team atmosphere is created this way.

• Pasta parties create close bonds

Blogs

Roots: In the court (and field)

• Pasta parties create close bonds

Sports

When is trash talking valid?

• Pasta parties create close bonds

Sports

Marvin Lewis fired

• Pasta parties create close bonds

Sports

SHS Hockey hosts Skate with the Aves

• Pasta parties create close bonds

Sports

Varsity basketball starts season

• Pasta parties create close bonds

Sports

Chess season hits timer

• Pasta parties create close bonds

Sports

Esports calls students to play

• Pasta parties create close bonds

Sports Galleries

JV boys soccer closes season

• Pasta parties create close bonds

Sports

Seniors reflect on senior nights

• Pasta parties create close bonds

Sports

Player Profile: Sophie Campbell

Pasta parties create close bonds