• Choir Concert Dec. 7, 7:00 to 9:00 p.m.

• Orchestra Concert at Junior High Dec. 6, 7:00 to 9:00 p.m.

• No School Nov. 22-24 - Thanksgiving Break

• Craft Show Nov. 18, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Filed under News, Showcase

Electric air taxi ideas start soaring

SIMPLIFY. The all-electric aircraft called Lilium can change the future of air travel. This air taxi can fly 300 kilometers on one charge and can take off and land in any area. “Seeing the Lilium Jet take to the sky and performing sophisticated maneuvers with apparent ease is testament to the skill and perseverance of our amazing team,” Wiegand said.

MCT Campus

MCT Campus

We all remember thinking that flying cars would be a thing by now. Well, air taxis might be in our future.

So far, this taxi is only a prototype called Lilium Jet. This all-electric two-seater safely completed an unmanned test early in April.

“We have solved some of the toughest engineering challenges in aviation to get to this point,” said Daniel Wiegand, co-founder and chief executive of Lilium, in an interview with CNN.

Since the test flight was a success, this gave the German creators the go ahead to try to create a five-seater.

This aircraft can take off from practically anywhere since it ascends and descends vertically like a helicopter. Even though Lilium is supposed to take off from helipads or other small places, it can take off from any place.

Lilium can also fly for a maximum of 300 kilometers on one charge at a speed of up to 300 kilometers per hour.

This aircraft is not considered a luxury, so there is no target audience for Lilium. The four Munich University graduates who started the company had the idea that Lilium could be used by any person around the world.

“In the longer term, our target is to build an aircraft that not only the super-rich can afford, and that can make private air transportation possible for a much wider number of people,” Wiegand said.

You may not see Lilium in the air anytime soon, but if it were to fly through the air in the future years, it could change the way of transportation around the world.

“I would think that riding in it would be really different since most people who fly in planes are used to hectic, cramped airplanes,” said Ava Vilardo, 10.

Lilium could change the future. With an all-electric engine, this aircraft could make flying more eco-friendly, with the practicality of a taxi that it intends to be.

• Electric air taxi ideas start soaring

National/International

Trump Administration decision revokes residency

• Electric air taxi ideas start soaring

Local

‘Polling’ our weight

• Electric air taxi ideas start soaring

Local

Controversial white nationalist speaker ignites backlash over University of Cincinnati appearance

• Electric air taxi ideas start soaring

Local

Students lend hands

• Electric air taxi ideas start soaring

National/International

‘Food allergies on the rise’

• Electric air taxi ideas start soaring

National/International

Women demand voices be heard

• Electric air taxi ideas start soaring

School

Your vote counts: Learn who you can elect for your school board

• Electric air taxi ideas start soaring

Local

Summit holds Halloween hangout with last movie

• Electric air taxi ideas start soaring

School

Four Sycamore seniors score 36 on ACT

• Electric air taxi ideas start soaring

National/International

‘Racist Dove ad’ taken out of context

Electric air taxi ideas start soaring