• Choir Concert in Little Theater Mar. 1 at 7:00 p.m.

• ACT for Juniors Feb. 27

• Fashion for the Cure (haircuts during lunch) Feb. 23 at 7:00 p.m.

• Black History Month Assembly Feb. 23

Filed under Feature

Model UN thrives in Chicago

BEAN THERE, DONE THAT Boys on the trip marvel at the enormity of the famed Millenium Park Bean before attending the conference later that day. For many of the club’s five seniors, it was their final opportunity to do Model UN as a high school student. “Chicago was a nice break from school, and I was able to get a unique educational experience. I formed connections with lots of people and also got to check out the city,” said Nikhil Sekar, 12.

Provided

On Feb. 4, Model United Nations (UN) returned from their snowy Chicago trip filled with fond memories and academic redemption.

The last time the club participated in the University of Chicago’s high school conference, things did not go so smoothly. Misbehaving students’ actions from two years ago deterred the school from allowing the group to participate in the conference last year.

This time around, however, club adviser Mr. Greg Cole chose a more manageable total of ten eager students to go on the trip, a distinctly smaller number in comparison to the last trip.

Club members not only practiced their diplomatic skills on a large scale, but they also formed bonds and were allotted time to explore the city.

The ten students all represented the small African nation of Cape Verde at the conference. Mr. Brian Fallon also supervised the trip alongside Cole.

Senior Rishav Dasgupta, co-president of the club, provided assistance in planning the trip, from the hotel rooms to assigning committees to each individual SHS representative.

“I’m truly glad that Model UN was given the opportunity to take an out-of-state trip with the school this year. It provided a riveting new experience for lots our students,” Dasgupta said.

• Model UN thrives in Chicago

Social media calls for action

• Model UN thrives in Chicago

Presidents’ Day

• Model UN thrives in Chicago

Race for Relay

• Model UN thrives in Chicago

Blood donation tips, tricks

• Model UN thrives in Chicago

Cover Story

The Clouds We Carry

• Model UN thrives in Chicago

What is colorism?

• Model UN thrives in Chicago

A Breakdown of the GOP Tax Plan

• Model UN thrives in Chicago

Spotlight

Music sparks Swart’s passion

• Model UN thrives in Chicago

Chinese Club preps for Chinese New Year

• Model UN thrives in Chicago

‘Once in a super blue blood moon’

Model UN thrives in Chicago