• Fashion for the Cure Feb. 15 6:30 p.m.

• Blood Drive Feb 15 6:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. in the Gregory Center

• Cabaret Feb. 9 7:00-9:00 p.m.

Filed under Feature

Model UN thrives in Chicago

Model UN thrives in Chicago

BEAN THERE, DONE THAT Boys on the trip marvel at the enormity of the famed Millenium Park Bean before attending the conference later that day. For many of the club’s five seniors, it was their final opportunity to do Model UN as a high school student. “Chicago was a nice break from school, and I was able to get a unique educational experience. I formed connections with lots of people and also got to check out the city,” said Nikhil Sekar, 12.

Provided

Provided

Provided

On Feb. 4, Model United Nations (UN) returned from their snowy Chicago trip filled with fond memories and academic redemption.

The last time the club participated in the University of Chicago’s high school conference, things did not go so smoothly. Misbehaving students’ actions from two years ago deterred the school from allowing the group to participate in the conference last year.

This time around, however, club adviser Mr. Greg Cole chose a more manageable total of ten eager students to go on the trip, a distinctly smaller number in comparison to the last trip.

Club members not only practiced their diplomatic skills on a large scale, but they also formed bonds and were allotted time to explore the city.

The ten students all represented the small African nation of Cape Verde at the conference. Mr. Brian Fallon also supervised the trip alongside Cole.

Senior Rishav Dasgupta, co-president of the club, provided assistance in planning the trip, from the hotel rooms to assigning committees to each individual SHS representative.

“I’m truly glad that Model UN was given the opportunity to take an out-of-state trip with the school this year. It provided a riveting new experience for lots our students,” Dasgupta said.

• Model UN thrives in Chicago

Mott wins big at local writing competition

• Model UN thrives in Chicago

Students help Fashion for the Cure

• Model UN thrives in Chicago

Students embrace Year of the Pig

• Model UN thrives in Chicago

Schooling across the globe

• Model UN thrives in Chicago

Fitting relaxation into daily life

• Model UN thrives in Chicago

Student-managed fashion show benefits The Dragonfly Foundation

• Model UN thrives in Chicago

Book club members on how to read for pleasure

• Model UN thrives in Chicago

Simple, at home vegan mug cake

• Model UN thrives in Chicago

Counseling center groups help students stress less

• Model UN thrives in Chicago

Student council raises support

Model UN thrives in Chicago