• HS Graduation May 19, 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.

• Last Day of School, May 23

• AP Exams May 6-10 and 13-17

Filed under News

Future teachers adapt games for peers

Future teachers adapt games for peers

ENGINEERS OR TEACHERS? Juniors Mallory Comerford and Aria Oliver build an arch as part of their obstacle course, testing the group’s knowledge of construction. Other games include Giant Pong, a photo booth, a scavenger hunt, and more. Students in the class are working together to have their activities ready by Field Day on May 10. “I can’t wait to see how the kids react as they go through the obstacle course. I just want to make this day as fun for them as I can,” Comerford said.

Allyson Bonhaus

Allyson Bonhaus

Allyson Bonhaus

Students in Teaching Professions Academy (TPA) I are helping prepare for Adaptive P.E. (APE) Field Day on May 10. The peers in TPA I are working together to create different games that students with special needs can use.

Special needs students from Montgomery, Symmes, Maple Dale, and Blue Ash Elementaries will be present as well as the students from Greene School, Jr. High, and SHS.

TPA has brainstormed different ideas for games they will spend the week of April 30 to May 4 creating. The games/activities have to accommodate all students of all abilities.

“Building these items is very cool for me because I’m building it for students that I help,” said Mallory Comerford, 11.

Students are creating an obstacle course, Giant Pong, a mural for students to paint, and more.

“Making these games for APE Field Day is not only super helpful for us as future teachers but it’s great seeing all of the kids enjoy our projects. It’s not often in classes that you get to really apply what you do in a real life situation but with this project we get to see it come to fruition which is really cool,” said Aria Oliver, 11.

The activities will be only some of the multiple games at the Blue Ash Rec Center for APE Field Day. Volunteers include TPA students among other SHS students that may be assistants in the Adaptive PE class.

• Future teachers adapt games for peers

FDA warns users of sunscreen

• Future teachers adapt games for peers

The Leaf represents

• Future teachers adapt games for peers

Cincinnati Marches

• Future teachers adapt games for peers

SHS reacts to Notre-Dame fire

• Future teachers adapt games for peers

Seniors: Fill out survey for the Senior Leaf

• Future teachers adapt games for peers

Kling attends Coca-Cola Scholars Banquet

• Future teachers adapt games for peers

Remembering 20 years ago

• Future teachers adapt games for peers

New era of fashion

• Future teachers adapt games for peers

Cincinnati Children’s Museum’s Revisions Overview Cincinnati Children’s Museum

• Future teachers adapt games for peers

One from 95,000

Future teachers adapt games for peers