• HS Graduation May 19, 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.

• Last Day of School, May 23

• AP Exams May 6-10 and 13-17

Filed under Feature

AP Lang students flip the last page

AP Lang students flip the last page

GET COMFY. Junior Jessica Lu reads the AP Lang novel “Station Eleven.” This adventure book has been a favorite amonst many students who take AP Lang. Students’ grades for the discussion board on Blackboard have been based on insight levels, sharing ideas consistently, and creating discussion rather than talking about only one’s own ideas. Many AP Lang students are now moving on to AP Literature and Composition and will be reading their summer reading books and poetry over the summer.

Hannah Lee

Hannah Lee

Hannah Lee

Every English class has assigned literature to read. For freshmen year, “Romeo and Juliet” comes to mind. Sophomore year, “A Tale of Two Cities”, and junior year, AP English Language and Composition (AP Lang) students are finishing the year out with “Station Eleven” by Emily St. John Mandel.

“Station Eleven” is about an apocalypse of the Georgian Flu that wipes out 99% of the Earth’s population. With stories intertwining from pre and post apocalypse mysterious questions and complicated lives tangle around one dramatic death of Hollywood star Arthur Leander.

With the crazy schedule of AP exams, students have been filing in and out of class missing days of school. Because of this, scheduling tasks for classes were difficult. Most AP teachers have been reviewing in classes for the countdown till exams.

However, AP Lang still had to finish their novel. Therefore, AP Lang teachers decided to create an online discussion board on blackboard instead of having a graded discussion in class because not all students were there all the time. So students have been sharing ideas and thoughts under several titled discussions such as “Comics” and “Open Topic.”

Students were encouraged to share comments and create conversations online and they have been having enriching discussions. Even AP Lang teachers have been popping in and joining in the conversations.

Most students in AP Lang enjoyed reading “Station Eleven” as the setting and plot line are interesting and unique.

Before “Station Eleven,” other books read in AP Lang were “Winter’s Bone,” “Hillbilly’s Elegy,” and more. Discussion in classes allowed peers to understand and realize ideas in novels that they were unable to recognize before.

• AP Lang students flip the last page

Adaptive PE closes out the school year

• AP Lang students flip the last page

Hitting into the Major League

• AP Lang students flip the last page

Last Minute Mother’s Day

• AP Lang students flip the last page

Fourth graders write

• AP Lang students flip the last page

Gov. DeWine pays visit to SHS

• AP Lang students flip the last page

Science fair season culminates in international qualification

• AP Lang students flip the last page

Conservation reaches SHS

• AP Lang students flip the last page

SHS celebrates stellar ACT scores

• AP Lang students flip the last page

Sincerely, your Seniors

• AP Lang students flip the last page

Marching band makes magic

AP Lang students flip the last page