• Orchestra Concert Dec. 5

• HS Choir Concert Nov. 29

• Band and Orchestra Boosters Craft Show Nov. 17

Mission Impossible stunt goes wrong

STUNT+IN+ACTION.+Freshmen+Kelly+Donovan%2C+Julia+Trenary%2C+and+Grace+Caldwell+watch+the+footage+of+Tom+Cruise%E2%80%99s+stunt+gone+wrong.+Cruise+broke+his+ankle+while+attempting+a+dangerous+stunt+for+his+new+movie%2C+%E2%80%9CMission+Impossible%3A+Fallout.%E2%80%9D+%E2%80%9CI+love+actors+who+do+their+own+stunts%2C%E2%80%9D+Caldwell+said.+
STUNT IN ACTION. Freshmen Kelly Donovan, Julia Trenary, and Grace Caldwell watch the footage of Tom Cruise’s stunt gone wrong. Cruise broke his ankle while attempting a dangerous stunt for his new movie, “Mission Impossible: Fallout.” “I love actors who do their own stunts,” Caldwell said.

Deeya Prakash

Deeya Prakash

Identification confirmed. Hello, Fellow Reader. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to read this article in its entirety. As always if you or any of your Impossible Mission Force is caught, the Secretary will disavow any knowledge of your actions. Good luck.

This message is an iconic part of every “Mission Impossible” movie, and the new film does not disappoint in keeping this classic bit as well as many other signature aspects.

“Mission Impossible: Fallout” (MI6) includes breathtaking scenery, suspenseful music, brilliant storyline, complex characters, and of course, jaw-dropping stunts, just like the five movies preceding it.

Though we all know that “Mission Impossible” movies end up to be more like Mission Improbable (in that the characters always seem to pull them off), this particular movie almost was what the name implied- impossible.

Tom Cruise, who stars as Ethan Hunt, does all of his stunts. No stunt double.

Many stunts which he has attempted in the past have been near-death experiences for the actor.

Some of these include scaling a cliff with limited safety cables, climbing the side of the Burj Khalifa, hanging on the door of an airborne plane, holding his breath for six minutes plus, and running from repeated and very real explosions.

Though none of these attempts injured the actor, one particular stunt in MI6 left him with a fractured ankle. And it was, as Cruise put it, “the easy stunt.”

He was meant to jump from the top of one building to another.

“I was chasing Henry and was meant to hit the side of the wall and pull myself over but the mistake was my foot hitting the wall… I knew instantly my ankle was broken and I really didn’t want to do it again so just got up and carried on with the take,” Cruise said in an interview on The Graham Norton Show.

Though this halted filming for a while, Cruise eventually made a full recovery and the film still made it’s estimated release date of July 27.

However, this mishap arouses questions about stunt safety. Do hardcore actors such as Cruise really need to risk their lives for a 30 second shot in a movie? Is it worth it?

Maybe it is.

Freshman Jemma Pooley is a Mission Impossible fanatic and ran to see the new film as soon as it came out.

“I knew that [he did his own stunts] and was very surprised by all of the amazing things he did in that movie.”

The fact that he does his own stunts definitely draws me into the movie more than another action movie would… [it] makes the… experience so much more interesting,” Pooley said.

So though the actor was quite close to death during this take, he pulled through and showed his fans that no matter what, it would be him doing the stunts.

Judging by the student opinion, his daredevil personality is working, and actually is drawing people to his films. Suffice to say, he has earned our respect.

To close with a classic Mission Impossible line:

This message will self-destruct in five seconds.

Source:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNT-tPrz4OM

• Mission Impossible stunt goes wrong

Arts & Entertainment

SHS sings with ‘Glee’

• Mission Impossible stunt goes wrong

Arts & Entertainment

Band, orchestra play music with magic

• Mission Impossible stunt goes wrong

Arts & Entertainment

TV shows from past come back

• Mission Impossible stunt goes wrong

Arts & Entertainment

‘Chocolate: the exhibition’ entices visitors

• Mission Impossible stunt goes wrong

Arts & Entertainment

Marching Band pushes through windy weather

• Mission Impossible stunt goes wrong

Arts & Entertainment

SHS Aves Theatre takes up ‘Grease’

• Mission Impossible stunt goes wrong

Arts & Entertainment

2019 Oscar race starts shaping up

• Mission Impossible stunt goes wrong

Arts & Entertainment

Fall color pallette

• Mission Impossible stunt goes wrong

Arts & Entertainment

From Yeezus to Yandhi

• Mission Impossible stunt goes wrong

Arts & Entertainment

Spider-man PlayStation 4 hides secrets

Mission Impossible stunt goes wrong