• Senior Halloween Oct. 26

• Picture re-take day Oct. 17

• Grease Oct. 26-27 and Nov. 2-3 tickets $10 online $12 at the door

Just you wait! Broadway comes to Cincinnati

TAKING+THE+STAGE.+The+award+winning+musical%2C+%E2%80%9CCats%E2%80%9D+will+be+hightailing+its+way+over+to+Cincinnati+in+June+2019.+Many+other+shows%2C+such+as+%E2%80%9CCharlie+and+the+Chocolate+Factory%2C%E2%80%9D+%E2%80%9CRent%2C%E2%80%9D+%E2%80%9CDear+Evan+Hansen%2C%E2%80%9D+%E2%80%9CMiss+Saigon%2C%E2%80%9D+and+the+beloved+%E2%80%9CHamilton%E2%80%9D+are+also+on+their+way.+%E2%80%9CMusicals+are+so+enchanting+because+not+only+do+%5Bthey%5D+have+amazing+songs%2C+but+%5Bthe+songs%5D+all+connect+and+tell+a+bigger+story%2C+which+gives+them+a+really+authentic+and+real+feel+to+them%E2%80%A6+I+love+it%2C%E2%80%9D+said+Megan+Radakovich%2C+9.+
TAKING THE STAGE. The award winning musical, “Cats” will be hightailing its way over to Cincinnati in June 2019. Many other shows, such as “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory,” “Rent,” “Dear Evan Hansen,” “Miss Saigon,” and the beloved “Hamilton” are also on their way. “Musicals are so enchanting because not only do [they] have amazing songs, but [the songs] all connect and tell a bigger story, which gives them a really authentic and real feel to them… I love it,” said Megan Radakovich, 9.

Creative Commons

Creative Commons

With heavy hearts, we are slowly saying our goodbyes to the warm, summer season and welcoming autumn with its chilly weather. But do not despair, for fall marks the beginning of the Broadway season at the Aronoff Center, and this year is loaded with popular musicals!

To kick things off, “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory” will be here beginning Oct. 23 and running until Nov. 4. Do not miss this finger-licking show filled with unique songs, choreography, and of course, lots of candy! Click here to purchase tickets. They are going fast!

Also on its way is the revival of “Rent.” The musical tells the story of seven struggling artists who are hoping to achieve their dreams. This 20th anniversary touring cast will entertain as they sing their way through life’s obstacles. Tickets are on sale now and the show will run from Dec.11th-23rd.

One must-see musical for all SHS students is “Fiddler on the Roof,” here from Jan. 15th and leaving Jan. 23rd This production is especially timely as the theatre program at the SHS will be taking on this challenging show in March 2019.

Perhaps the most anticipated musical arriving at the Aronoff is the 11 Tony-award winning, “Hamilton”. This funny, exciting, and of course, inspiring spectacle has captured the hearts of millions of people around the world and gives an interesting perspective on American History.

Its soundtrack is a fusion of hip-hop, jazz, R&B, blues, pop, and rap and forms a fresh, modern, and audacious retelling of the complex lives of the revolution.

Freshman Megan Radakovich is a long-time musical fanatic and loves “Hamilton.”

“I cannot do it justice… it’s completely and totally brilliant,” Radakovich said.

Radakovich is also excited for “Dear Evan Hansen.” This is the first time that this particular production has created a touring cast, and songwriter Benj Pasek loves the new actors.

“[They] bring their unique perspectives, their own life stories—it made the show feel like something I hadn’t seen before” said Pasek to Playbill.com.

“Miss Saigon,” and “Cats”-both of which are huge Broadway favorites- will also be here in early 2019.

Cincinnatians who are bored of movie theatres can hop on over to the Aronoff Center and witness the magic of a live production, and take advantage of the wonderful opportunity that these casts and crews are providing for us. As Alexander Hamilton would say: do not throw away your shot!

Sources:

https://www.cincinnatiarts.org/events/broadway-in-cincinnati-2018-19-season

http://www.playbill.com/article/meet-the-cast-of-the-dear-evan-hansen-national-tour

• Just you wait! Broadway comes to Cincinnati

Arts & Entertainment

Fall color pallette

Arts & Entertainment

From Yeezus to Yandhi

Arts & Entertainment

Spider-man PlayStation 4 hides secrets

Arts & Entertainment

Mission Impossible stunt goes wrong

Arts & Entertainment

Netflix releases new titles

Arts & Entertainment

Aves Theatre announces season

Arts & Entertainment

Wiz Khalifa, Rae Sremmurd to perform in Cincinnati

Arts & Entertainment

Need to know for ‘Infinity War’

Arts & Entertainment

‘This is America’: The trending music video’s hidden meaning

Arts & Entertainment

SHS orchestra concert