Stepping Out Club steps into Halloween

Alyssia+Penill%2C+10%2C+shows+off+her+unique+costume+for+Halloween.+The+students+gathered+in+room+258+to+celebrate+the+fall+occasion.+Stepping+Out+Club%E2%80%99s+next+meeting+will+be+on+November+17+for+Thanksgiving.+

Lindsey Stevens

Alyssia Penill, 10, shows off her unique costume for Halloween. The students gathered in room 258 to celebrate the fall occasion. Stepping Out Club’s next meeting will be on November 17 for Thanksgiving.

On October 27, Stepping Out Club hosted its annual Halloween party. For those unfamiliar with this event, the club’s Halloween party can be surmised in three words: costumes, trick-or-treating, and fun.

At the party, many of the kids wore their costumes. All the students that participated in dressing up for the occasion received special award certificates.

Additionally, the trick-or-treating shook up its usual ritual. Usually, students would trick-or-treat their way out of the main entrance. The tradition this year, however, took a more active role.

“Last year, we didn’t trick-or-treat around the building as much as we did this year, and the students seemed to really enjoy that, “ said Mrs. Lindsey Collins, Stepping Out Club adviser.

Behind all the fun is the board, who planned meetings, determined a list of certificates, handed out certificates, and decorated the room.

“I set up the trick-or-treat schedule by asking for volunteers from the faculty in the building, putting the students in groups, and determining when the groups would make each stop,” said Collins.

Overall, the Halloween festivity was a success.

“The students seemed to really enjoy it. There were a lot of smiles, laughter, and excitement,” said Collins.