Kickoff to a memorable weekend

Students show their spirit through cheering. They also cheered others on while performing or competing in fun competitions. This was all in preparation for the big game. Photo courtesy: Jeremy McDaniels Photography
Students show their spirit through cheering. They also cheered others on while performing or competing in fun competitions. This was all in preparation for the big game. Photo courtesy of McDaniel’s Photography.

The year’s first pep rally on Friday, Oct. 4 kicked off homecoming weekend. Students watched the Flyerettes perform, a pizza eating contest, pie in the face, and homecoming court.

The cheerleaders led the school in cheers to get everyone pumped for the football game that evening versus Hamilton. Even though the stands were split in sections by grade, all cheered for the same reasons.

Pep rallies are a way of coming together as a school. That week, we came together for Spirit Week. Monday was Captain America day, Tuesday was pink day, Wednesday was college day, Thursday was superhero day, and Friday was Aves day.

The fall pep rally is also a way to get ready for the big weekend ahead.

On Friday night it was the football game. At the game the cheerleaders kept everyone cheering our team on. During halftime the choirs and marching band performed. Also at halftime, the homecoming court was announced.

On Saturday night it was the big night, the homecoming dance that everyone had been waiting for.

The homecoming dance was a success. With the theme of “Ave-ngers” people got ready to have a memorable night. Groups got ready, went to dinner, got their pictures taken, and went to the dance.

The pep rally was the beginning of all this. It got the entire school ready for them to enjoy all the hard work that Student Council did this past weekend. It was a weekend to remember.