SHS Baseball season almost done

SHS is fourth in the Greater Miami Conference (GMC), which is their best season in years. The team hopes to close out the season with an even better record. Photo Credit: David Wertheim
SHS is fourth in the Greater Miami Conference (GMC), which is their best season in years. The team hopes to close out the season with an even better record.
Photo Credit: David Wertheim

With just two games left in the regular season, the SHS varsity baseball team is fourth in the GMC. This is a huge improvement from past years, as the team finished in last place a year ago.

Now, they have a lot of momentum, and are looking forward to the playoffs, with their first game being only two weeks away.

“I am looking forward to watching varsity in the playoffs. This is the first year we have been able to do that, so I am excited,” said Benjamin Grossheim, 9.

Looking ahead to next year, the varsity team should be in good shape. With a handful of starters coming back, there is a good base for the team to make another GMC run. In addition, seven total freshman played JV and Varsity.

“I hope to play varsity next year and am looking forward to working hard in the offseason to do it,” said Ryan Wick, 9.

While varsity may not win the state championship this year, there are definitely some improvements being made.