Students enjoy class game

Caroline Bruns

More stories from Caroline Bruns

Prepping for a Cause
March 29, 2017

MCT Photo

The secret to being good at the game is being sneaky. Many students have been being secretive when it comes to the game. It’s hard to sneak around your classmates without being suspected, which is what makes the game so intriguing.

In Ms.Hester’s social studies classes, they have started a game called the communist game . The goal of the game is to allow students to experience the emotions and paranoia of Red Scare in the United States.

“It’s really intense. I really like it because I get to see what people felt like during the red scare” sophomore Abby Hallock said.

Some students were assigned the role of a loyal American and others were assigned the role of a communist. Each student must complete a series of tasks to show their loyalty.

“I liked completing the tasks and the atmosphere. It’s really interesting that we can’t trust anyone around us and that people can wrongly accuse you. The game definitely keeps you on your toes” sophomore Rachel McCoy said.

The game has been played in earlier years and has been a hit. Students really enjoy the game because it resembles life during the Red Scare, along with the paranoia that come with it.