Sophomore brains work overtime

Caroline Bruns

More stories from Caroline Bruns

Prepping for a Cause
March 29, 2017
Student’s brains have been working overtime. The end of the year is the most stressful time. Students are pushing hard to end the year right.

Caroline Bruns

Debates have begun to stress out many sophomores, and it has become the top topic of conversations among students. Not only are the debates time consuming, they also confuse and concern many students.

“Debates are making me nervous, but I’m sure they will be a lot of fun. As I keep working I’m sure it will be less stressful,” said sophomore Hannah Loftspring.

Many students are nervous about debate, due to the fact that the debate will be aloud and in front of a group of spectators. In contrast, others are very excited and want to advance to the All-Stars team.

“I am looking into law school, so this will definitely be  a good experience for me. I’m really excited,” said sophomore Elsa Benson.

Sophomores began working hard at the end of April and will continue through the entire month of May. Not only are sophomores juggling debates, school work, and tests, many students are also involved in AP testing.

“Having AP exams and debates have been really stressful, but I’m working hard and have been getting everything done I need to. It’s just so much work,” said sophomore Allie Kolthof.

Also, as the year is winding down teachers are still giving out hard tests and quizzes, along with a decent amount of homework. Many students stay up late doing work and continuing to be focused. Students are desperately trying to get through the year while maintaining a good GPA.