Students get ahead in summer

Sarah Horne

More stories from Sarah Horne

By staying involved in the summer, students can add unique experiences to their college applications. Internships or Job Opportunities be either part time or full time, so that students can shape their summer based on how much they would like to work. For more information about internships, Talk to Mr. Corattiyil for more information on internships around Cincinnati. Photo courtesy of MCT Campus.

Horne, Sarah Marie

Summer is not only a time to relax, but a time to experience education in many different forms. Here are some ways to stay involved during summer break.

• Job opportunities: restaurants, tutoring organizations and businesses often hire high school students in the summer to fill positions. Click here or here for job openings around Cincinnati, Ohio.
  • Internships: businesses will have these in order to introduce teens to future careers, and are used to gain experience. For internship openings, click here.
  • Summer Courses: The University of Cincinnati offers summer college courses that students can take in order to add a variety to their course schedule. For the list of options click here.
  • Summer programs: summer programs are another way to gain hands on experience in specific programs. Click here for programs located at UC.