Young scientists advance to next level

Congratulations to the following young scientists who participated at the high school science fair on Jan. 27 (their projects and rankings are also listed):

• Freshman Aravind Prasad received a Superior for his project “Novel Design to Determine Sun Protection for Natural Products.”
  • Freshmen Govind Nadathurm and Ethan Heist received Superiors for their project “Zinc Nanoparticles and Antioxidant Levels.”
  • Sophomores Hari Iyer and Sahchit Chundur received Superiors for their project “Finding the Ideal Environment for Cellulose Depolymerization.”
  • Sophomores Rohan Mathur and Daniel Ripberger received Superiors for their project “Optimizing Trustless Algorithms.”
  • Sophomores Shruthi Chidambaram and Debasmita Kanungo received Excellents for their project “The Effect of Music on Self Efficacy.”
  • Junior Swati Bhageria received a Superior for her project “Self Healing Asphalt.”
  • Junior Mohit Dighamber received a Superior for his project “Optimizing Microbial Bioremediation to Enhance Hydrocarbon
    Removal.”
  • Senior Harsimran Makkad received a Superior for her project “Modeling Trancription Factors for Use in the Direct Reprogramming of Cells.”

Those who received a Superior at this science fair can move on and present their projects at the UC Science and Engineering Expo Fair on March 10.