Fall sports celebrate senior night

• AGGRESSION. Senior forward Meghan Whiteside is fighting for the ball against a Princeton defender. Whiteside played her last home game against Princeton and picked up a victory along the way. “Senior night was extremely special to me because I got to play at Sycamore with the Lady Aves. Probably my last time ever. Playing with this team has been a joy and I’m grateful we could celebrate it with a win,” Whiteside said.

'
  • GO AVES GO. Senior cheerleader Kennedy Archer is cheering on the Aves during one of their last home games. “Stepping out on the track to cheer one last time was a decision I was happy I made. I stopped cheering when I got to high school, so I’ve missed the excitement of cheering. This has been an awesome season cheering with my teammates, one I will not forget,” Archer said.

'
  • SPINNING. Senior captain Olivia Jobe is performing the halftime routine during the football game. “Marching Band has been a major part of my high school experience. It has shaped me and helped make me who I am. I’ve learned many skills from it. Including teamwork, leadership skills, and patience. I love my guard team and the fun times we spend together. My favorite part of marching band would have to be the competition. They’re the most fun,” said Jobe.

'
  • SERVE. Senior Harsitha Kalaiarasan is jumping for joy as she serves one of her last points on her home court. Kalaiarasan played her last home match against Lakota West and is on her way to the state match. Senior Night for Kalaiarasan, “was a way to look back on high school, because tennis played such a big part of my life and to look back on this season to see how I grew not only as a player but as a person. To see the people who have supported me the whole time is something that was very profound and a memory that I will cherish forever,” Kalaiarasan said.

'
  • SWIMMING. Senior Will Rinehart is swimming to receive a loose ball during one of his final home games against Princeton. The boys water polo team defeated Princeton 10-9. “It meant a lot for me to finish my career at sycamore with that game in such an eclectic environment,” Rinehart said.

'
  • BUMP SET SPIKE. Senior Elle Hausfeld makes a diving save to prevent a point to the opponent. Hausfeld has been a part of the team since her freshman year. “Senior Night is one of the most memorable nights of my volleyball season. It was the last time on our home court with my team. My team to me is basically my family and I was so glad I was surrounded by them on this special night,” Hausfeld said.

'
  • SHOT. Senior striker Madison Humphrey takes a shot at a tournament in Milford. Madison has been part of the water polo team for the past three years. “Senior night was a very wonderful yet sad experience. The underclass men went all out decorating the locker room, our cars, and senior journals which was amazing and meant a lot to us. It was really sad though because I knew that soon I would be leaving behind not only great teammates but even more than that great friends,” Humphrey said.

'