Aves Theatre brings it on

Sydney Weiss

More stories from Sydney Weiss

Sydney Weiss

Freshman Shayna Kling is one of the actors who contributed to the sign for Bring It On. With every Aves Theatre production, a sign is painted to advertise the show in front of SHS. Look out for the sign over the next week!

Aves Theatre has been working on Bring It On The Musical since Feb. 9. Bring It On is the biggest production of the year in terms of cast and crew size.

Since the beginning of rehearsals, students have been preparing sets, learning choreography, creating costumes, working on lights and sound, and contributing in other ways to this big production.

Freshman Shayna Kling said, “This show is huge. There will be an orchestra, awesome costumes, and some really cool dancing incorporated.”

The show is on April 8,9,15, and 16. Since the dates are getting increasingly closer, the intensity of rehearsal heats up as well.

Freshman Maddy Weiss said, “For the next couple of weeks rehearsals are going until late which means that everyone involved has to learn to manage their time wisely.”

Time management is a skill well understood by athletes and students involved in extracurriculars. For Aves Theatre, the time management is a necessity over the next two weeks.

Kling said, “Everyone should come out and see this show. There is really something for everyone.”

The show is two weekends which means it requires multitudinous amounts of students, staff, and SHS families to pack the theatre. Tickets are on sale now at the Aves Theatre website.